http://www.neobux.com/m/v/?rh=646174756C75626179

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Super emote


When am bored and have nothing to do I play with my digicam. This is one take I really like. A portrait of me, who else. I put off the light in my room and partly open the bathroom door to let some dramatic lighting in. Of course I had to override the flash, and set the camera to self-portrait mode. Sometimes I think I could be a great photographer. Wish I had more money to buy a better camera. Or maybe a better face and body, so I could model, then I would have more money, then I could buy that camera, then I could take better pictures of me. Damn. Wish I could write better.

4 comments:

handyandy said...

hi lex....hanep sa pa emote na yan! naalala ko rin, naloloko din ako sa photography noon. remember, kinunan ko pa ang showcase mo sa peta? do you still have those pics? so nice to see you again after.....couldn't remember na kung ilang dekada na, hahahaha. anyway, keep in touch and keep on writing too.

Datu Lubay said...

yes, of course, andy. I made a scrapbook of those photos you took of my showcase sa Peta. Sayang lang nasira dahil acidic pala yung photo album. Wala na lahat yun. kung sa bagay, ang sama ko naman dun.
Salamat. and nice meeting you again after so many years. kita mo lumaki na ako, ikaw hindi pa rin. hahaha.

a simple guy said...

nice shot, ala mapplethorpe. heheh post some in your friendster too. if that was taken in sepia then i would think it was some pic you got when you were just seventeen.
naks.

Datu Lubay said...

Dens, at 17, I did not and could not own a camera, even a 110 instamatic. hahaha. The glow from partly open bathroom door created this sepia effect. I just tinkered with the other settings of my Olympus. Itook this three years ago in my sister's house in Seberang Jaya, Penang.