http://www.neobux.com/m/v/?rh=646174756C75626179

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mila's buns


My sister Mila is the cook in the family. Now living in Penang, Malaysia, she can cook Filipino, Malay and Thai dishes, not counting what she improvises depending on what she's got in her fridge. The last time we visited her, she was gaga over baking breads in her newly bought breadmaker. It's the size and look of a microwave, but does wonders. Here are some of her homemade breads: penny roll with sesame seeds, buns filled with tuna or cheese topped with almonds, rolls with cheese and beef sausages (always with beef in her home, aww!), and the pandesal. I had to download the pandesal recipe as she is kind of dense with the internet, though.
The kids' (Shine, Ice, Mirza, and Vaun too!) favorite was her version of pandeleche loaded with butter. The butter settles down during the baking, so you get a buttery bottom bun.

She sent my mother the same breadmaking machine. Of course, it is gathering dust at home now, and the maid uses it to keep left-over food she doesn't want stored in the fridge. My mother has no aptitude for baking at all, and I hardly have time to read the manual either. So, the breadmaker has to wait for her next visit.

Meanwhile, I must revive my butterscotch baking skills. I used to bake deliciously chewy butterscotch before I got so much work. I always believe we ought to have some other talent , just in case. The pics here I took with my digital cam, thinking I could also be a food photographer. But they do look good, don't they? Yummy.

1 comment:

a simple guy said...

MIGAWD! Looks tasty I can actually smell them. made my mouth water.hehe