http://www.neobux.com/m/v/?rh=646174756C75626179

Thursday, August 28, 2008

My new book

My latest book UGSAD KANG KINARAY-A (The Rise of Kinaray-a) will be off the press next month. It shall be my second entirely Kinaray-a book, after AGI, AGI MAY PUTAY SA DAHI. This is part of my Kinaray-a for the Karay-a book project, because I believe that for the Karay-a to show his/her emancipation from colonial consciousness he/she must seek and produce knowledge in his/her native tongue.

The cover shows me reciting poetry during the Antique Arts Festival 1999 in Casa Madrangca. Thanks to Hermie Beltran for this beautiful shot, capturing the full moon screened by blossoming madre de cacao trees. And see me a hundred pounds ago. I had reservations about using this picture for the cover (True!), but the portrait of a young poet howling to the full moon his poems is such a romantic and apt metaphor to the struggle of Kinaray-a literature. So, to hell with modesty.

UGSAD KANG KINARAY-A is the Kinaray-a and expanded version of THE RISE OF KINARAY-A published in 2003. The book will be available for orders online at www.bookoto.com. Orders within the Philippines may be made through email at datulubay@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sir alex
add ko ja sa blogroll site mo sir. mayad hay nakita ko gid man blog mo. paano ako makaavail kang libro mo nga bag-o sir man?

Datu Lubay said...

sure. salamat sa pag-add. the book will be available this month. dapat this week, but when I went to the press yesterday, they're not finished with the cover yet, as it has to come from Manila. But it should be out by this month. We will have a launch in October, maybe in 24-26 during the Karay-a Arts Festival. You can order, or ask someone to buy for you at my office. I will have campus tours at UPV, for special student price.
Thanks.